Blaze in Vadodara firecracker market; 2 hurt, 50 shops gutted
Vadodara: At least two persons were on Saturday injured and over 50 shops gutted in a fire that broke out in the city`s biggest firecracker market, officials said.
The blaze swept through Kalabhavan Grounds, the venue of the city`s biggest firecracker market ahead of Diwali, they said.
Two persons received minor injuries, officials from Vadodara Municipal Corporation`s (VMC) Fire Department said.
About 18 to 20 fire engines were sent to the spot and the blaze was put out within an hour, they said.
The cause of the fire has not yet been ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends