Blaze in Vadodara firecracker market; 2 hurt, 50 shops gutted
Vadodara: At least two persons were on Saturday injured and over 50 shops gutted in a fire that broke out in the city`s biggest firecracker market, officials said.
The blaze swept through Kalabhavan Grounds, the venue of the city`s biggest firecracker market ahead of Diwali, they said.
Two persons received minor injuries, officials from Vadodara Municipal Corporation`s (VMC) Fire Department said.
About 18 to 20 fire engines were sent to the spot and the blaze was put out within an hour, they said.
The cause of the fire has not yet been ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra