Blaze in Vadodara firecracker market; one killed
Vadodara: At least one person was charred to death and another injured on Saturday in a fire that broke out in the city`s biggest firecracker market, officials said.
The blaze swept through Kalabhavan Grounds, the venue of the city`s biggest firecracker market gutting over 50 shops and several vehicles parked there, they said.
Chief Fire Officer of the Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) HJ Tapariya said one unidentified dead body has been found from the debris at the spot.
"The body of the deceased, who is yet to be identified, was recovered from the debris at the site and sent for post-mortem," he said.
"27 fire engines and 150 fire personnel were deployed to contain the blaze which was brought under control within one and half hours," he said, adding short circuit might be the cause of the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth