Blaze in Vadodara firecracker market; one killed
Vadodara: At least one person was charred to death and another injured on Saturday in a fire that broke out in the city`s biggest firecracker market, officials said.
The blaze swept through Kalabhavan Grounds, the venue of the city`s biggest firecracker market gutting over 50 shops and several vehicles parked there, they said.
Chief Fire Officer of the Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) HJ Tapariya said one unidentified dead body has been found from the debris at the spot.
"The body of the deceased, who is yet to be identified, was recovered from the debris at the site and sent for post-mortem," he said.
"27 fire engines and 150 fire personnel were deployed to contain the blaze which was brought under control within one and half hours," he said, adding short circuit might be the cause of the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?