Blaze in Vadodara firecracker market; one killed
Vadodara: At least one person was charred to death and another injured on Saturday in a fire that broke out in the city`s biggest firecracker market, officials said.
The blaze swept through Kalabhavan Grounds, the venue of the city`s biggest firecracker market gutting over 50 shops and several vehicles parked there, they said.
Chief Fire Officer of the Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) HJ Tapariya said one unidentified dead body has been found from the debris at the spot.
"The body of the deceased, who is yet to be identified, was recovered from the debris at the site and sent for post-mortem," he said.
"27 fire engines and 150 fire personnel were deployed to contain the blaze which was brought under control within one and half hours," he said, adding short circuit might be the cause of the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH