BMW hit-and-run: Accused withdraws bail petition from Gujarat HC
Ahmedabad: Vismay Shah, the accused in last month`s BMW hit-and-run here that left two persons dead, on Thursday withdrew his bail petition as the Gujarat High Court was inclined to reject it.
Justice AS Dave maintained that it was not proper to give bail at this point of time as investigations into the case are underway and the chargesheet not yet filed.
Following this, Shah, through his counsel Prakash Thakkar, withdrew his bail application.
During the argument, Thakkar said that the mishap was unintentional and that the two persons riding a bike, who died in the accident, were coming from the wrong side.
Shah had moved the High Court after his bail application was rejected by a sessions court on March 11.
The lower court had rejected the bail application based on reports submitted by RTO and the forensic lab that the BMW car, carrying a Chandigarh registration number, clocked the speed of over 135 kmph when it knocked down the bike.
On February 25, Shah (27) had allegedly rammed his BMW into the motorcycle carrying two persons in the Judges Bungalow area of the city, flinging them off the two-wheeler.
Shah was booked by police under IPC Section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).
While, Shivam Dave (25) - who was riding the bike - died on the spot, his friend Rahul Patel, a pillion rider, succumbed to his injuries later at a private hospital.
According to police, the car dragged the bike for about 35 metres before ramming into a tree, which almost got uprooted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you