Bodies of missing students found in Itanagar
Itanagar: The bodies of the three students of the Ramkrishna Mission School at Narottam Nagar in Tirap district who were missing since Sunday have been found, police sources said on Tuesday.
"After overnight search operation launched by police, Army and local fishermen in the Dihing river, the three bodies were recovered a few kilometres away from the site last evening," Superintendent of Police of Tirap Vikramjit Singh said.
The three students went missing on Sunday evening when they have reportedly gone for swimming.
They were identified as Dogin Mize (Class-X), Hage Tomo and Habung Apa both students of class IX, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad