Bodies of missing students found in Itanagar
Itanagar: The bodies of the three students of the Ramkrishna Mission School at Narottam Nagar in Tirap district who were missing since Sunday have been found, police sources said on Tuesday.
"After overnight search operation launched by police, Army and local fishermen in the Dihing river, the three bodies were recovered a few kilometres away from the site last evening," Superintendent of Police of Tirap Vikramjit Singh said.
The three students went missing on Sunday evening when they have reportedly gone for swimming.
They were identified as Dogin Mize (Class-X), Hage Tomo and Habung Apa both students of class IX, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets