Body of murdered youth exhumed; handed over to kin in Guj
Vadodara: Over a fortnight after police buried an unidentified body of a youth at a grave in Dahod near here, it was exhumed and handed over to his family members, police said on Wednesday.
The Railway Police had recovered the body of an unidentified youth near railway tracks at Limkheda in Dahod district on December 1. The body was sent to the hospital for a post mortem, which revealed that he had been strangled.
Since nobody approached to claim the body, the Railway Police buried it at a local graveyard in Dahod the next day.
Meanwhile, the youth`s father Rasul Mohammed Pathan had filed a missing person`s report with police at Bhabhor in Madhya Pradesh on November 30. He suspected that his son Salman Pathan (30) had been kidnapped by a group.
The Bhabhor police probing the case, had arrested Santosh alias Bhaiyu, a youth, who, they said, was using the SIM card of deceased`s mobile phone.
During interrogation, Santosh revealed the names of four persons involved in kidnapping and murdering Salman.
Santosh also told the identity of the victim to the police and said that the accused had killed Pathan and dumped his body near the railway tracks in Limkheda to show that he died in an accident.
Bhabhor police then contacted the railway police in Dahod. Salman`s family members, went to Dahod and took custody of the body after it was exhumed from the grave yesterday.
Santosh has been arrested and police are probing his role in the case. A search has been launched to nab the other accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers