Bomb hoax at Le Meridian in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) and the dog squad were rushed to the Le Meridian hotel in Khanpur area of the city following a phone call that there was a bomb inside the hotel today, police said.
The call turned out to be a hoax as nothing suspicious was found in the hotel premises after a search by the BDS and sniffer dogs, they said.
However, the call led to panic among the guests, many of them were foreigners and they were shifted to another hotel as a precaution, police said.
"We did not find anything in the hotel. We have searched each and every room there," BDS chief R D Yadav told reporters.
"Efforts are on to trace the person who phoned in to say there was a bomb in the hotel," he added, declining to divulge details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list