Boy falls into open borewell, dies in Sabarkantha
Ahmedabad: A 11-year-old boy, who had fallen
into an open borewell at Rupal village in Sabarkantha
district, died this evening.
District Collector M Thennarasan said, "We were able to
bring out the boy Kirtan Pranani at 6.30 pm, but he was
declared dead by the doctors," adding that Kirtan had got
stuck in the borewell at a depth of 20-feet.
According to the district collector, the incident took
place around noon, when Kirtan studying in class 6th was
playing with some of his friends in a nearby farm.
"Having got the information, we immediately launched
the rescue operation and two earth movers were deployed there
and even an Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation`s rescue team was
rushed to the spot to rescue the child safely," he said adding
that unfortunately their efforts could not save the child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional