Boy falls into open borewell, dies in Sabarkantha
Ahmedabad: A 11-year-old boy, who had fallen
into an open borewell at Rupal village in Sabarkantha
district, died this evening.
District Collector M Thennarasan said, "We were able to
bring out the boy Kirtan Pranani at 6.30 pm, but he was
declared dead by the doctors," adding that Kirtan had got
stuck in the borewell at a depth of 20-feet.
According to the district collector, the incident took
place around noon, when Kirtan studying in class 6th was
playing with some of his friends in a nearby farm.
"Having got the information, we immediately launched
the rescue operation and two earth movers were deployed there
and even an Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation`s rescue team was
rushed to the spot to rescue the child safely," he said adding
that unfortunately their efforts could not save the child.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?