Boy falls into open borewell, dies in Sabarkantha
Ahmedabad: A 11-year-old boy, who had fallen
into an open borewell at Rupal village in Sabarkantha
district, died this evening.
District Collector M Thennarasan said, "We were able to
bring out the boy Kirtan Pranani at 6.30 pm, but he was
declared dead by the doctors," adding that Kirtan had got
stuck in the borewell at a depth of 20-feet.
According to the district collector, the incident took
place around noon, when Kirtan studying in class 6th was
playing with some of his friends in a nearby farm.
"Having got the information, we immediately launched
the rescue operation and two earth movers were deployed there
and even an Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation`s rescue team was
rushed to the spot to rescue the child safely," he said adding
that unfortunately their efforts could not save the child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof