Boy falls into open borewell, dies in Sabarkantha
Ahmedabad: A 11-year-old boy, who had fallen
into an open borewell at Rupal village in Sabarkantha
district, died this evening.
District Collector M Thennarasan said, "We were able to
bring out the boy Kirtan Pranani at 6.30 pm, but he was
declared dead by the doctors," adding that Kirtan had got
stuck in the borewell at a depth of 20-feet.
According to the district collector, the incident took
place around noon, when Kirtan studying in class 6th was
playing with some of his friends in a nearby farm.
"Having got the information, we immediately launched
the rescue operation and two earth movers were deployed there
and even an Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation`s rescue team was
rushed to the spot to rescue the child safely," he said adding
that unfortunately their efforts could not save the child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel