Britain to start deputy high commissioner’s office in Ahmedabad
Gandhinagar: Britain`s secretary of state for energy and climate change Edward Devey today met Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel here and said that a deputy high commissioner`s office will be set up in Ahmedabad.
"Devey informed the Chief Minister that Britain will start a full-fledged deputy high commissioner`s office in Ahmedabad with a view to strengthen the relationship between Gujarat and Britain," a state government release said.
"Devey has shown interest in knowing about Gujarat`s novel initiatives for energy reforms and energy security," the release added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket