Britain to start deputy high commissioner’s office in Ahmedabad
Gandhinagar: Britain`s secretary of state for energy and climate change Edward Devey today met Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel here and said that a deputy high commissioner`s office will be set up in Ahmedabad.
"Devey informed the Chief Minister that Britain will start a full-fledged deputy high commissioner`s office in Ahmedabad with a view to strengthen the relationship between Gujarat and Britain," a state government release said.
"Devey has shown interest in knowing about Gujarat`s novel initiatives for energy reforms and energy security," the release added.
- Sania Mirza's autobiography titled 'Ace Against Odds' to hit stands in July
- Volcanoes erupted beneath ice sheet on Mars billions of years ago
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC grants Centre time till May 6 to clear stand on holding floor test
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- IIT-Bombay survey: 95% freshers never had sex, 75% have no problem with homosexuality