BSF foils infiltration bid by Pak boats near Harami Nala
Ahmedabad: An infiltration bid by some
Pakistani boats was foiled by the Border Security Force (BSF)
near the Harami Nala area on the Indo-Pak border in western
part of Kutch district, BSF sources said here on Tuesday.
The incident occurred last night when more than one boat
from Pakistan side entered Indian waters from the Harami Nala
area as the water level was high due to high tide in the
Arabian Sea, they said.
The BSF patrol which was stationed near the Nala saw the
boats and warned them to go back and later opened fire,
According the sources, though the Pakistani boats were
out of firing range, the shots acted as a deterrent forcing
the boats to retreat.
There were no causalities in the incident and no firing
from the Pakistan side, they added.
Sources further said that generally the boats which cross
into Indian side are fishing boats with fishermen, who come in
Harami Nala area during high tide to catch fish.
Harami Nala is a sluggish and shallow water channel in
the remotest creek area, spread over 500 sq km and is used to
witness intrusion from Pakistani fishermen.
The marshy topography has made it difficult for our
troops to react swiftly against infiltration.
Last month too, the BSF had foiled an infiltration bid by
Pakistani boat in the same Harminala area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- North Korea floats propaganda leaflets in river for 1st time
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested