Building collapses in Ahmedabad, one dead
Ahmedabad: In the second such incident in a fortnight, a man died here on Friday when a part of a dilapidated three-story building collapsed.
The residential building in Mandvi Ni Pol area, which was vacant for some time, today partially collapsed following yesterday`s heavy downpour, said Additional Chief Fire Officer Rajesh Bhatt.
"Mukesh Chavda (36), who was passing by when the building collapsed, was trapped under the debris and died," he said.
A few two-wheelers were damaged.
On August 24, a girl was killed and six others were injured when a three-story building collapsed in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside