Building collapses in Ahmedabad, one dead
Ahmedabad: In the second such incident in a fortnight, a man died here on Friday when a part of a dilapidated three-story building collapsed.
The residential building in Mandvi Ni Pol area, which was vacant for some time, today partially collapsed following yesterday`s heavy downpour, said Additional Chief Fire Officer Rajesh Bhatt.
"Mukesh Chavda (36), who was passing by when the building collapsed, was trapped under the debris and died," he said.
A few two-wheelers were damaged.
On August 24, a girl was killed and six others were injured when a three-story building collapsed in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister