Building collapses in Ahmedabad, one dead
Ahmedabad: In the second such incident in a fortnight, a man died here on Friday when a part of a dilapidated three-story building collapsed.
The residential building in Mandvi Ni Pol area, which was vacant for some time, today partially collapsed following yesterday`s heavy downpour, said Additional Chief Fire Officer Rajesh Bhatt.
"Mukesh Chavda (36), who was passing by when the building collapsed, was trapped under the debris and died," he said.
A few two-wheelers were damaged.
On August 24, a girl was killed and six others were injured when a three-story building collapsed in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi