Bus collides with truck in Surat, 10 killed
Surat: At least 10 people were killed and several others got injured when the bus they were travelling in dashed into a truck-trailer near Surat on Saturday night.
The tragic accident occurred when a truck hauling a container filled with metallic pipes came from the wrong direction and rammed into the bus bound for Rajula ferrying dozens of passengers.
Soon after the accident passer by`s and locals rushed to the site to rescue injured persons stuck in the mangled remains of the vehicles.
Both vehicles were badly damaged and were removed from the road using cranes, facilitating clearance of traffic on the route.
"The truck was coming crossed the divider and rammed into the bus from the opposite direction. My car was right behind the bus and it also collided with the truck," said Firoz Patel, said an eyewitness.
Locals were seen assisting administrative officials in salvage operations as the poorly lit road delayed rescue ops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa