Bus collides with truck in Surat, 10 killed
Surat: At least 10 people were killed and several others got injured when the bus they were travelling in dashed into a truck-trailer near Surat on Saturday night.
The tragic accident occurred when a truck hauling a container filled with metallic pipes came from the wrong direction and rammed into the bus bound for Rajula ferrying dozens of passengers.
Soon after the accident passer by`s and locals rushed to the site to rescue injured persons stuck in the mangled remains of the vehicles.
Both vehicles were badly damaged and were removed from the road using cranes, facilitating clearance of traffic on the route.
"The truck was coming crossed the divider and rammed into the bus from the opposite direction. My car was right behind the bus and it also collided with the truck," said Firoz Patel, said an eyewitness.
Locals were seen assisting administrative officials in salvage operations as the poorly lit road delayed rescue ops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA