Bus collides with truck in Surat, 10 killed
Surat: At least 10 people were killed and several others got injured when the bus they were travelling in dashed into a truck-trailer near Surat on Saturday night.
The tragic accident occurred when a truck hauling a container filled with metallic pipes came from the wrong direction and rammed into the bus bound for Rajula ferrying dozens of passengers.
Soon after the accident passer by`s and locals rushed to the site to rescue injured persons stuck in the mangled remains of the vehicles.
Both vehicles were badly damaged and were removed from the road using cranes, facilitating clearance of traffic on the route.
"The truck was coming crossed the divider and rammed into the bus from the opposite direction. My car was right behind the bus and it also collided with the truck," said Firoz Patel, said an eyewitness.
Locals were seen assisting administrative officials in salvage operations as the poorly lit road delayed rescue ops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?