Buses deployed for Modi`s function, Students to have tough time
Rajkot: A large number of students
appearing for board exams in the adjoining areas here may have
tough time reaching their centres Saturday with the state road
transport corporation allotting 200 buses for a government
function to be attended by chief minister Narendra Modi.
Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) has
cancelled about 100 routes tomorrow due to inviability of
buses, officials of Rajkot division of the corporation said.
Buses will be pressed into service to enable women and
girls attend a meeting at the Race Course ground to be graced
by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and some ministers.
When contacted Rajkot depot manager Raghuvir Sinh Vala
tried to defend GSRTC and said only dozen odd buses will be
deployed from the Rajkot division for the government function.
GSRTC sources confirmed that over 175 buses from centres
like Jamnagar and Junagadh have been put into service for
government function to be held here tomorrow.
Both Jamnagar and Junagadh are also key centres in
their respective regions for the board exams and students may
face problems reaching the exam venues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!