Bypolls will prove to be a test for me, says Gujarat CM
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel admitted here on Tuesday that bypolls in nine Gujarat assembly seats and one Lok Sabha seat would prove to be a test for her and asked BJP workers to ensure a win in all these seats.
Launching the campaign for bypolls by addressing women BJP workers in Deesa town of Banaskantha district today, Patel also looked confident to win the bypolls, which would be her first major challenge after becoming Gujarat Chief Minister.
"Yes, this is a test for me. The test is also for you (party workers). All of us have to win these by-elections," Patel said, addressing a crowd in Deesa, where bypolls will be held.
"These bypolls will be my second test after the recent civic body elections of Junagadh. Thanks to hard work by BJP workers, we have captured 42 (out of 60) seats. We have also captured ten other seats of different municipal corporations during the same time," Patel said.
Bypolls in nine Gujarat assembly seats and one Lok Sabha seat, which will be be held on September 13 was necessitated due to nine BJP MLAs vacating their respective seats after they got elected to the Lok Sabha.
The Gujarat assembly seats where bypolls will be held are Anand, Limkheda (Dahod), Deesa (Banaskantha), Matar (Kheda), Maninagar (Ahmedabad), Talaja (Bhavnagar), Tankara (Rajkot), Khambhalia (Jamnagar) and Mangrol (Junagadh).
The Vadodara Lok Sabha seat fell vacant after Prime Minister Narendra Modi decided to retain Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. As a sitting MLA, he also vacated the Maninagar assembly seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Banks checking loan applicant's capacity to repay on Facebook, LinkedIn
- Uganda switches sides, dumping North Korea for South
- Indian Premier League 2016: Did David Warner deserve Most Valuable Player award more than Virat Kohli?
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH