Campaigning for Surat Assembly by-election ends
Surat: Campaigning for by-election to the Surat-West Assembly constituency, considered to be a BJP stronghold, ended on Monday.
The fight is between BJP`s city unit president Purnesh Modi and Congress`s D L Patel.
The seat has been with BJP for the last 20 years.
The by-election was necessitated by the death of BJP MLA Kishore Vankawala in June.
Campaigning was a low-key affair and Chief Minister Narendra Modi did not turn up, nor did any national-level leader of Congress.
Voting will be held on December 4 and counting on December 8.
There are about 2.02 lakh registered voters. Of the 201 polling booths, 37 have been identified as sensitive.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why