Car owner nabbed in BMW hit-and-run case
Ahmedabad: A 27-year-old youth was Wednesday arrested in connection with the BMW hit-and-run case, in which two persons have died, a senior police official said.
Local police today arrested Vismay Shah, the owner of the BMW car after he surrendered, the official said.
"We have arrested Vismay Shah, on whose name the BMW car was registered. Shah is the son of a local eye surgeon here. We are questioning him and will seek his remand for further custodial interrogation," Joint Commissioner of Police (Sector-1) Ajay Tomar said.
While one of the bikers, Shivam Dave, an engineering student, was killed on the spot, his friend Rahul Patel succumbed to his injuries in a private hospital this morning, police said.
The BMW, which was being driven at a breakneck speed, had rammed into two persons on a motorcycle in the Judges Bungalow area, flinging them off the two-wheeler on Monday night, they said.
The duo, along with their two other friends who were on another vehicle, were returning after having dinner at a roadside eatery here, they said.
The car had screeched to a halt after dragging the bike for about 35 metres before ramming into a tree, police said, adding that Shah, who was driving the car, came out of it, apologised and got into a car driven by a girl and fled from the spot, they said.
The car carried a Chandigarh registration number, they said.
Shah has been booked under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success