Case against BSP MLA for slapping constable
Meerut: A case has been registered against
BSP MLA Haji Yakub Qureshi, who had allegedly slapped a police
constable here, following a court directive, police said.
"Based on the complaint filed by constable Charan
Singh Baliyan, a case against Qureshi under IPC 323, 504 and
506," DIG Prem Prakash said.
Special Chief Judicial Magistrate V P Verma had asked
in-charge of Lisari Gate police station to register a case on
behalf of Yakub Qureshi.
The incident occurred on February 17 when the
constable had asked Qureshi to take a different route as
traffic restrictions were in place in the city due to Ravidas
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price