Case against BSP MLA for slapping constable
Meerut: A case has been registered against
BSP MLA Haji Yakub Qureshi, who had allegedly slapped a police
constable here, following a court directive, police said.
"Based on the complaint filed by constable Charan
Singh Baliyan, a case against Qureshi under IPC 323, 504 and
506," DIG Prem Prakash said.
Special Chief Judicial Magistrate V P Verma had asked
in-charge of Lisari Gate police station to register a case on
behalf of Yakub Qureshi.
The incident occurred on February 17 when the
constable had asked Qureshi to take a different route as
traffic restrictions were in place in the city due to Ravidas
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP