Case against BSP MLA for slapping constable
Meerut: A case has been registered against
BSP MLA Haji Yakub Qureshi, who had allegedly slapped a police
constable here, following a court directive, police said.
"Based on the complaint filed by constable Charan
Singh Baliyan, a case against Qureshi under IPC 323, 504 and
506," DIG Prem Prakash said.
Special Chief Judicial Magistrate V P Verma had asked
in-charge of Lisari Gate police station to register a case on
behalf of Yakub Qureshi.
The incident occurred on February 17 when the
constable had asked Qureshi to take a different route as
traffic restrictions were in place in the city due to Ravidas
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India