CAT adjourns hearing on Sharma`s plea till Oct 5
Ahmedabad: The hearing on Gujarat IPS
officer Rahul Sharma`s petition, in the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) challenging the chargesheet issued against him
by the state government was Thursday adjourned till October 5.
Sharma had approached the CAT early this month
challenging Gujarat government`s chargesheet against him
served on August 13, alleging him of misconduct under Sec 3(1)
of All India Service Rules 1969.
He is being accused of not submitting the original CDs
containing mobile phone call records related to 2002 communal riots period to the respective investigating officers of riot cases or to his supervisory officers.
The original CDs are presently not traceable, and only
copies of it were available.
Today, the Tribunal Bench of Mukesh Gupta and Ashok
Kumar adjourned the matter till October 5 after Sharma`s
counsel Mukul Sinha sought time to produce a document showing
that his client was infact summoned by Supreme Court Amicus curie in the post-Godhra riot cases Raju Ramchandran during his visit to state in June.
The bench had asked Sinha to produce the document
showing that Ramchandran had summoned Sharma during last
hearing in the matter.
Ramchandran had visited Gujarat after he was asked by
the SC to comment on report of the Special Investigation Team
(SIT), probing some of the post-Godhra riot cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla