CBI calls farm owner for questioning in Sohrabuddin case
Ahmedabad: The CBI on Tuesday called the owner
of Arham farm, where alleged gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh and
his wife Kausarbi were kept, for questioning in connection
with the fake encounter case.
"Rajendra Jirawal, who has a house in Arham farm, has
been called for questioning by the CBI," Rajendra`s brother,
Surendra, who is a corporator in the Ahmedabad Municipal
Corporation, told agency.
"We have not been given intimation of his arrest. One
of my younger brothers is outside the CBI office but he too
has not received any message of arrest," he added.
CBI, however, refused to comment on the issue.
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar bi were shifted to the
Arham farm from Disha farm on the night of November 25, 2005.
The next day Sohrabuddin was killed in the encounter by
Kausar bi was kept at the Arham farm for the next few
days before she was killed, her body was burnt and ashes were
thrown in Narmada river near Bharuch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?