CBI calls farm owner for questioning in Sohrabuddin case
Ahmedabad: The CBI on Tuesday called the owner
of Arham farm, where alleged gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh and
his wife Kausarbi were kept, for questioning in connection
with the fake encounter case.
"Rajendra Jirawal, who has a house in Arham farm, has
been called for questioning by the CBI," Rajendra`s brother,
Surendra, who is a corporator in the Ahmedabad Municipal
Corporation, told agency.
"We have not been given intimation of his arrest. One
of my younger brothers is outside the CBI office but he too
has not received any message of arrest," he added.
CBI, however, refused to comment on the issue.
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar bi were shifted to the
Arham farm from Disha farm on the night of November 25, 2005.
The next day Sohrabuddin was killed in the encounter by
Kausar bi was kept at the Arham farm for the next few
days before she was killed, her body was burnt and ashes were
thrown in Narmada river near Bharuch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port