`CBI chargesheet in Tulsi case proves cover-up`
Ahmedabad: The CBI chargesheet naming senior cops, besides a former minister in Narendra Modi Cabinet in the Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case, underlines the `high profile` cover up by police post the 2005 killings of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife, a counsel for petitioner said on Wednesday.
Former minister of state for Home Amit Shah was among 20 people, including high-ranking cops, who were named by CBI in its chargesheet for allegedly entering into criminal conspiracy and destruction of evidence in the 2006 fake encounter case.
Former state police chief P C Pande, IPS officers O P Mathur, D G Vanzara and Geetha Johri and Dy SP R K Patel were also named in the chargesheet submitted by the agency in the court of judicial magistrate D R Joshi at Danta in Banaskantha district yesterday.
"These were the people who got the hint of exposure of their crime of killing Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kauserbi, when CID (Crime) in 2006 filed three interim reports in Supreme Court naming Vanzara and others. Hence they eliminated the only surviving eye witness Tulsi," advocate Mukul Sinha, who is representing Tulsi`s mother Narmadabai, told reporters here.
Tulsi Prajapati, an eye witness in the encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, was killed in a fake encounter by Gujarat police at Chhapri in Banaskantha district on December 28, 2006.
Sinha said that the chargesheet naming cops, who were posted at "high-ranking and controlling positions" at the time of the encounter, would prove a "turning point in exposing the whole conspiracy hatched by politicians of Gujarat and Rajasthan and executed by police".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in