CBI custody for accused in Sohrabudin fake encounter case
Ahmedabad: A special court on Tuesday remanded
Rajendra Jeerawala, an accused arrested in Soharabuddin Sheikh
fake encounter case, in CBI custody till October 15.
Jeerawala, the owner of Arham farm where Soharabuddin
Sheikh and Kauser Bi were kept before they were killed, was
arrested by CBI on July 27.
The CBI had moved an application for remand of Jeerawala
on July 29 after his arrest but as his bail application was
pending in the high court, the decision on his remand was
delayed. Last month his bail application was rejected by the
After the rejection of his bail application today,
special CBI court judge G K Upadhyaya remanded him in three
day CBI custody.
Rajendra is brother of Surendra Jeerawala, who was a BJP
corporator in Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation.
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausarbi were shifted to the
Arham farm from Disha farm on night of November 25, 2005. The
next day Sohrabuddin was killed in a staged shoot out by
Kausarbi was kept at the Araham farm for the next few
days before she was killed. Her body was burnt and ashes were
thrown in Narmada river near Bharuch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested