CBI custody for accused in Sohrabudin fake encounter case
Ahmedabad: A special court on Tuesday remanded
Rajendra Jeerawala, an accused arrested in Soharabuddin Sheikh
fake encounter case, in CBI custody till October 15.
Jeerawala, the owner of Arham farm where Soharabuddin
Sheikh and Kauser Bi were kept before they were killed, was
arrested by CBI on July 27.
The CBI had moved an application for remand of Jeerawala
on July 29 after his arrest but as his bail application was
pending in the high court, the decision on his remand was
delayed. Last month his bail application was rejected by the
After the rejection of his bail application today,
special CBI court judge G K Upadhyaya remanded him in three
day CBI custody.
Rajendra is brother of Surendra Jeerawala, who was a BJP
corporator in Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation.
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausarbi were shifted to the
Arham farm from Disha farm on night of November 25, 2005. The
next day Sohrabuddin was killed in a staged shoot out by
Kausarbi was kept at the Araham farm for the next few
days before she was killed. Her body was burnt and ashes were
thrown in Narmada river near Bharuch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Merkel in no hurry for Britain to trigger EU exit process
- Lalchand Rajput appointed as the coach of Afghanistan cricket team
- Subramanian Swamy makes explosive claims, says Kejriwal didn't get rank in IIT, Sonia wanted Emergency in 2012
- I'm going nowhere, says UK opposition leader Corbyn
- Shocking! 13-year-old girl raped, set ablaze in Rajasthan