CBI gives presentation on Pandya murder case to PC
New Delhi: The CBI on Monday gave a presentation
to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram on its proposal to
challenge in Supreme Court the Gujarat High Court order
acquitting 12 people of murder charges in the killing of a
former Gujarat Minister Haren Pandya in 2003.
Sources in the agency said entire details of the
case that could be part of a proposed Special Leave Petition
were presented before Chidambaram. The Gujarat High Court
recently dropped murder charges against the 12 accused.
There is no unanimity in the agency on filing of the SLP
as there were different views on whether or not the probe
agency should file the petition, the sources said.
Pandya was shot dead on the morning of March 26, 2003
from close range in Law Garden area of Ahmedabad and CBI took
over investigation of the case.
Pandya`s wife has sought a reinvestigation into the
"After eight years, I have lost patience and this
judgement(High Court) has proved that the real killers of
Haren (Pandya) are roaming free while some other persons have
been put behind bars and have wrongly served the prison term,"
Jagruti Pandya had said.
The High Court had however upheld the trial court`s
verdict convicting the 12 persons of criminal conspiracy and
terrorism under the Prevention of Terrorism Act (POTA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details