CBI moves petition before SC against Amit Shah
New Delhi: The CBI late Friday night filed a
petition in the Supreme Court seeking cancellation of the bail
granted by the Gujarat High Court to former Gujarat Minister
Amit Shah earlier in the day and sought an urgent hearing.
The petition was filed in the Deputy Registrar`s office
around 10.30 PM, hours after the top brass of the premier
investigating agency decided to move the Apex court for
cancelling the bail.
Senior lawyer KTS Tulsi, who appeared for CBI in the
High Court, accompanied CBI officials when the petition was
The Court will be on a brief Diwali recess from Monday.
The Deputy Registrar is the court`s Vacation officer.
It is likely that the petition may come up before the
Vacation bench of the Supreme Court tomorrow.
In a reprieve for the close aide of Gujarat Chief
Minister Narendra Modi, the high court granted him bail three
months after his arrest in connection with the Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY