CBI moves petition before SC against Amit Shah
New Delhi: The CBI late Friday night filed a
petition in the Supreme Court seeking cancellation of the bail
granted by the Gujarat High Court to former Gujarat Minister
Amit Shah earlier in the day and sought an urgent hearing.
The petition was filed in the Deputy Registrar`s office
around 10.30 PM, hours after the top brass of the premier
investigating agency decided to move the Apex court for
cancelling the bail.
Senior lawyer KTS Tulsi, who appeared for CBI in the
High Court, accompanied CBI officials when the petition was
The Court will be on a brief Diwali recess from Monday.
The Deputy Registrar is the court`s Vacation officer.
It is likely that the petition may come up before the
Vacation bench of the Supreme Court tomorrow.
In a reprieve for the close aide of Gujarat Chief
Minister Narendra Modi, the high court granted him bail three
months after his arrest in connection with the Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital