CBI moves petition before SC against Amit Shah
New Delhi: The CBI late Friday night filed a
petition in the Supreme Court seeking cancellation of the bail
granted by the Gujarat High Court to former Gujarat Minister
Amit Shah earlier in the day and sought an urgent hearing.
The petition was filed in the Deputy Registrar`s office
around 10.30 PM, hours after the top brass of the premier
investigating agency decided to move the Apex court for
cancelling the bail.
Senior lawyer KTS Tulsi, who appeared for CBI in the
High Court, accompanied CBI officials when the petition was
The Court will be on a brief Diwali recess from Monday.
The Deputy Registrar is the court`s Vacation officer.
It is likely that the petition may come up before the
Vacation bench of the Supreme Court tomorrow.
In a reprieve for the close aide of Gujarat Chief
Minister Narendra Modi, the high court granted him bail three
months after his arrest in connection with the Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you