CBI questions brother of Sohrabuddin Sheikh
New Delhi: The CBI on Thursday questioned the brother of Gujarat fake encounter victim Soharbuddin Sheikh in connection with allegations that senior BJP leaders had conspired to derail the probe in Tulsi Prajapati`s extra-judicial killing in which former minister Amit Shah is an accused.
CBI sources said Rubabuddin was called as a witness in connection with sting conducted by a journalist who had alleged that senior BJP leaders wanted to sabotage the investigations in Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case.
Prajapati, who was allegedly a close aide of Sheikh and also a witness to his murder, was killed on December 2006--a year after Sheikh was shot dead in an fake encounter.
The journalist had alleged senior BJP leaders managed to get undated blank `Vakalatnamas` from Prajapati`s mother Narmadabai to allegedly subvert the judicial proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred