CBI questions brother of Sohrabuddin Sheikh
New Delhi: The CBI on Thursday questioned the brother of Gujarat fake encounter victim Soharbuddin Sheikh in connection with allegations that senior BJP leaders had conspired to derail the probe in Tulsi Prajapati`s extra-judicial killing in which former minister Amit Shah is an accused.
CBI sources said Rubabuddin was called as a witness in connection with sting conducted by a journalist who had alleged that senior BJP leaders wanted to sabotage the investigations in Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case.
Prajapati, who was allegedly a close aide of Sheikh and also a witness to his murder, was killed on December 2006--a year after Sheikh was shot dead in an fake encounter.
The journalist had alleged senior BJP leaders managed to get undated blank `Vakalatnamas` from Prajapati`s mother Narmadabai to allegedly subvert the judicial proceedings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory