CBI questions Modi aide Amit Shah
New Delhi: The CBI on Tuesday questioned former
Gujarat home minister Amit Shah, considered a close aide of
Chief Minister Narendra Modi, in connection with the 2006 fake
encounter of Tulsiram Prajapati, a key witness to the killing
of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausarbi.
Shah, already named in the charge sheet in the alleged
hatching of conspiracy of killing Sohrabuddin by the CBI,
arrived at the agency`s headquarters this morning and was
extensively quizzed by its sleuths, official sources said.
They said Shah, out on bail after being arrested in the
Sohrabuddin case, was evasive in answering the questions while
he was countered with the statements of others quizzed by the
CBI so far.
During the interrogation, the CBI confronted the BJP
leader with telephone records about him being allegedly in
touch with police officers including Deputy Inspector General
of Police (Jail) D G Vanzara.
Shah has been asked by the Supreme Court not to enter
Gujarat as the agency alleged that he may tamper with the
evidence or intimidate witnesses.
Prajapati, a close aide of Sohrabuddin, was killed in an
alleged shootout near Chapri village in Banaskantha district
on December 28, 2006.
The CBI took over the case last April following direction
from the Supreme Court and registered a case against "police
officials of Gujarat and Rajasthan and others for alleged
involvement in the criminal conspiracy of wrongful restraint,
wrongful confinement, abduction and murder of Tulsi Prajapati
and causing disappearance of evidence".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case