CBI questions V L Solanki in Shorabuddin case
Ahmedabad: CBI probing the Sohrabuddin Sheikh
fake encounter killing case today questioned V L Solanki who
was the first investigating police officer in the case when it
was probed by Gujarat CID.
Solanki was quizzed for over an hour at the CBI office in
the old secretariat campus in Gandhinagar.
Solanki is also one of the witnesses named in the
chargesheet filed in the case by CBI on July 23.
The investigation by Solanki had revealed that the
encounter of Sohrabuddin by Gujarat police on November 26,
2005 was fake.
The Supreme Court, while ordering transfer the probe in
the fake encounter case to CBI in January this year, had
observed that initially the investigation in the case was
proceeding in the right direction under Inspector V L Solanki,
but subsequently there were attempts to scuttle the same and
mislead the court on the progress.
The apex court has said Gujarat police officer Geetha
Johri, who was the investigating officer after Solanki, had
not been carrying out the investigation in the right manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened