CBI questions V L Solanki in Shorabuddin case
Ahmedabad: CBI probing the Sohrabuddin Sheikh
fake encounter killing case today questioned V L Solanki who
was the first investigating police officer in the case when it
was probed by Gujarat CID.
Solanki was quizzed for over an hour at the CBI office in
the old secretariat campus in Gandhinagar.
Solanki is also one of the witnesses named in the
chargesheet filed in the case by CBI on July 23.
The investigation by Solanki had revealed that the
encounter of Sohrabuddin by Gujarat police on November 26,
2005 was fake.
The Supreme Court, while ordering transfer the probe in
the fake encounter case to CBI in January this year, had
observed that initially the investigation in the case was
proceeding in the right direction under Inspector V L Solanki,
but subsequently there were attempts to scuttle the same and
mislead the court on the progress.
The apex court has said Gujarat police officer Geetha
Johri, who was the investigating officer after Solanki, had
not been carrying out the investigation in the right manner.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive