CBI reconstructs 2003 encounter of Sadiq Jamal
Ahmedabad: Central Bureau of Investigation
(CBI) on Wednesday reconstructed the scene of 2003 encounter of Sadiq
Jamal Mehtar by Gujarat police in Naroda area here.
Sadiq was killed in an encounter with city crime branch
officials near Galaxy cinema in Naroda on January 13, 2003.
The crime branch had claimed that it had intelligence
inputs that Sadiq had planned to kill senior BJP leader L K
Advani, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and VHP leader
On June 16 this year, High Court`s Justice M R Shah had
ordered CBI investigation into the encounter. Some
high-ranking police officers including suspended IPS officer D
G Vanzara (one of the key accused in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
encounter case) were associated with this encounter.
Today, a team of CBI officials and experts from Central
Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) recreated the crime scene.
The police officers involved in the encounter were asked
to show how they had fired the shots.
CFSL team took down readings from the crime scene, such
as distance between the policemen and the spot where Sadiq`s
body was found, and the distance at which empty bullet
cartridges were recovered.
The High Court had found petitioner Shabbir`s suspicion
that his brother Sadiq was killed at the behest of
high-ranking police officers in a fake police encounter
`reasonable`, considering that in three other police encounter
cases probe is on against police officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list