CBI seeks possession of articles in Prajapati encounter case
Banaskantha (Gujarat): The CBI probing the
2006 Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case on Wednesday filed an
application in a fast track court seeking access to seized
articles related to the case.
Judge K V Maru, hearing the application, asked the
investigating agency to provide list of the specific articles
being sought by June 2, as the court was in possession of all
the items--ranging from a match box to a jeep--pertaining to
the case, that were seized by the state CID which was handling
the probe earlier.
The case was transfered to CBI from the state CID
following orders of Supreme Court on April 8 on a petition
filed by Prajapati`s mother Narmada Bai alleging that her son
was killed in a fake encounter by the Gujarat police as he was
a key eyewitness in the November 2005 killing of alleged
gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh.
The CBI, on April 29, registered an FIR against police
officials from the states of Gujarat and Rajasthan in
connection with the case following SC orders.
Earlier this month, a team headed by CBI Joint
Director P Kandaswamy visited Chhapri village near Ambaji
where Prajapati was allegedly killed by police on December 28,
2006, ahead of its plan to recreate the encounter.
Seven policemen, including IPS officer Vipul Agarwal,
were arrested by the state CID which had registered an FIR
last year in Ambaji police station.
According to CID, three suspended IPS officers, D G
Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandiyan and Dinesh M N, who are accused in
the 2005 Sohrabuddin encounter case, are also accused in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Low job satisfaction can hamper your mental health
- Bold scenes of only big stars are praised, feels Zareen Khan
- Priyanka, Aziz making tectonic shifts in business: Poorna Jagannathan
- On Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu's feats: Hats off to women for saving our respect in front of whole world, says Pullela Gopichand
- WATCH: Usain Bolt attempted javelin throw at Rio 2016 - His effort will shock you!