CBI seeks possession of articles in Prajapati encounter case
Banaskantha (Gujarat): The CBI probing the
2006 Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case on Wednesday filed an
application in a fast track court seeking access to seized
articles related to the case.
Judge K V Maru, hearing the application, asked the
investigating agency to provide list of the specific articles
being sought by June 2, as the court was in possession of all
the items--ranging from a match box to a jeep--pertaining to
the case, that were seized by the state CID which was handling
the probe earlier.
The case was transfered to CBI from the state CID
following orders of Supreme Court on April 8 on a petition
filed by Prajapati`s mother Narmada Bai alleging that her son
was killed in a fake encounter by the Gujarat police as he was
a key eyewitness in the November 2005 killing of alleged
gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh.
The CBI, on April 29, registered an FIR against police
officials from the states of Gujarat and Rajasthan in
connection with the case following SC orders.
Earlier this month, a team headed by CBI Joint
Director P Kandaswamy visited Chhapri village near Ambaji
where Prajapati was allegedly killed by police on December 28,
2006, ahead of its plan to recreate the encounter.
Seven policemen, including IPS officer Vipul Agarwal,
were arrested by the state CID which had registered an FIR
last year in Ambaji police station.
According to CID, three suspended IPS officers, D G
Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandiyan and Dinesh M N, who are accused in
the 2005 Sohrabuddin encounter case, are also accused in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir