`CBI should be allowed to complete probe in Sohrabuddin case`
New Delhi: Congress Thursday said there should be no political interference in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case and the CBI should be allowed to complete its investigations.
"The CBI is conducting an inquiry in this matter under Supreme Court supervision. We should leave everything to the CBI and there should be no political interference in this
issue," Congress leader Rajiv Shukla told reporters here.
Shukla, who is AICC co-ordinator for Gujarat, denied that Congress was interfering in the case and said the CBI was doing what it feels was right in the case.
Asked if Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi should also be questioned as he was the Home Minister when the encounter took place, Shukla said, "CBI is carrying out an
in-depth investigation in the case and you should wait for the inquiry to be completed."
On whether the Congress was reluctant to speak against the Gujarat Chief Minister, he said, "We are the only party which is fighting against Modi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’