`CBI should be allowed to complete probe in Sohrabuddin case`
New Delhi: Congress Thursday said there should be no political interference in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case and the CBI should be allowed to complete its investigations.
"The CBI is conducting an inquiry in this matter under Supreme Court supervision. We should leave everything to the CBI and there should be no political interference in this
issue," Congress leader Rajiv Shukla told reporters here.
Shukla, who is AICC co-ordinator for Gujarat, denied that Congress was interfering in the case and said the CBI was doing what it feels was right in the case.
Asked if Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi should also be questioned as he was the Home Minister when the encounter took place, Shukla said, "CBI is carrying out an
in-depth investigation in the case and you should wait for the inquiry to be completed."
On whether the Congress was reluctant to speak against the Gujarat Chief Minister, he said, "We are the only party which is fighting against Modi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah