CBI should move SC in Haren Pandya case: Guj govt
Ahmedabad: The CBI should take Haren Pandya
murder case to the Supreme Court in appeal, Gujarat government`s spokesperson, Jay Narayan Vyas, said here on Wednesday.
Vyas also quipped that CBI "works under the direct
supervision of the Prime Minister".
"The High Court has released the accused on technical
grounds (from murder charge), so the CBI should take this
matter further to the Supreme Court," Vyas, also the state
health minister, said talking to reporters here.
"And it (CBI) should ensure that whoever are the accused
and found guilty are given the strictest of the punishment,"
Two days ago, Gujarat High Court dropped charges of
murder against the 12 persons who had been convicted for
murder of Haren Pandya, former minister of state for Home, in
2003. High Court upheld the conviction for criminal conspiracy
and offences under POTA.
When asked for government`s reaction to the demand of
Jagruti Pandya (Haren Pandya`s wife) that the case should be
probed afresh, Vyas said: "Within hours of Pandya`s murder,
state government had asked for independent CBI inquiry, and
succeeded in getting it.
"Therefore, as far as we are concerned, the state
government has done whatever was required to be done right on
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Check out how Malaika Arora Khan reacted when asked about Arbaaz Khan
- Beware! Long sitting hours increase heart attack risk
- NHPC share sale fully subscribed; govt to get Rs 2,700 crore
- Aware of Matiouze Royer's strenghts, Vijender Singh ready to spend more time in ring for fifth pro fight
- Single antibody infusions found promising against HIV