CBI to approach SC in Haren Pandya murder case
New Delhi: CBI is likely to file a special
leave petition in the former Gujarat Home Minister late Haren
Pandya`s murder before the Supreme Court next week as Gujarat
High Court had criticised it for "botched up" and "blinkered"
probe while dropping murder charges against 12 accused.
Sources said the decision has been taken to file a SLP in
the apex court next week.
The High Court on August 29 had dropped murder charges
against the 12 accused in the killing of former minister Haren
Pandya eight years ago.
While acquitting the 12 persons of the murder charges,
the court upheld the trial court`s decision to convict them
for criminal conspiracy, attempt to murder and offences under
the Prevention of Terrorism Act.
Pandya, who was a former minister of state for home in a
BJP government and was once close to Chief Minister Narendra
Modi, was shot dead on March 26, 2003 in Ahmedabad when he was
out for a morning walk. According to CBI, Pandya was murdered
to avenge the 2002 communal riots.
Criticising the CBI, the court had observed, "What
clearly stands out from the record of the present case is that
the investigation in the case of murder of Haren Pandya has
all throughout been botched up and blinkered and has left a
lot to be desired."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!