CBI visits Vanjara`s farm house in Illol village
Sabarkantha (Guj): The CBI, which is investigating the alleged fake encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and disappearance of his wife Kausarbi in 2005, on Saturday visited the farm house of one of the accused in the case in Illol village in Himmatnagar taluka, police sources said.
The farm house, about 18 km from Himmatnagar town,
belonged to suspended DIG D G Vanjara who is one of the prime
accused in the case along two IPS officers Rajkumar Pandyan
and Dinesh M N. In all, 14 people are in jail in the case.
According to sources, a team headed by CBI DIG P
Kandaswamy along with investigating officer Amithabh Thakur
visited Vanjara`s farm house.
It has been alleged that Sohrabuddin`s wife Kausarbi`s
body was disposed off by some of the accused there. However,
earlier investigation by Gujarat Police did not reveal
anything from the farm house.
CBI had registered a case on Monday against Gujarat and
Rajasthan Police officials and others under various sections
of IPC, including criminal conspiracy, murder and kidnapping.
The CBI took up the case on directions of the Supreme
Court which came down heavily on the Gujarat Police for
failing to conduct impartial investigations and attempting to
"mislead" the apex court by filing conflicting action taken
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation