Census 2011 to be launched in Gujarat from Apr 21
Ahmedabad: The Census 2011 will be
launched in Gujarat on April 21 with Governor Dr Kamla and
Chief Minister Narendra Modi as first two citizens to be
enumerated in the census register.
On April 21, the Census officials will visit the Raj
Bhavan and Chief Minister`s house and collect the details to
mark the beginning of the massive process to create a data
base of citizens.
About 1,17,000 enumerators, mostly teachers, will
visit some 5.5 crore denizens of the state and collect the
data during the massive exercise for the sixth time since
Gujarat came into existence.
Manish Bhardwaj, director of census operation in
Gujarat, said that this time there will be a separate sheet to
collect data for National Population Register (NPR) which will
pave way for the centre`s ambitious Unique Identification
Number (UIN) project headed by Nandan Nilekani.
Some new parameters have also been added for the first
time in the history of census in India since 1872 which
include data collection on information on the ownership of
mobile phones, computers, Internet, having drinking water
facility at home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon