Census 2011 to be launched in Gujarat from Apr 21
Ahmedabad: The Census 2011 will be
launched in Gujarat on April 21 with Governor Dr Kamla and
Chief Minister Narendra Modi as first two citizens to be
enumerated in the census register.
On April 21, the Census officials will visit the Raj
Bhavan and Chief Minister`s house and collect the details to
mark the beginning of the massive process to create a data
base of citizens.
About 1,17,000 enumerators, mostly teachers, will
visit some 5.5 crore denizens of the state and collect the
data during the massive exercise for the sixth time since
Gujarat came into existence.
Manish Bhardwaj, director of census operation in
Gujarat, said that this time there will be a separate sheet to
collect data for National Population Register (NPR) which will
pave way for the centre`s ambitious Unique Identification
Number (UIN) project headed by Nandan Nilekani.
Some new parameters have also been added for the first
time in the history of census in India since 1872 which
include data collection on information on the ownership of
mobile phones, computers, Internet, having drinking water
facility at home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!