Centre using CBI to target Modi: Amit Shah to SC
New Delhi: Former Gujarat Home Minister Amit
Shah on Wednesday told the Supreme Court that the Centre had hatched
a conspiracy with CBI to target Chief Minister Narendra Modi
and his government in false encounter cases.
Appearing before a bench of justices P Sathasivam and
B S Chauhan, senior counsel Ram Jethmalani said the central
government was targetting Modi due to political reasons and
Shah was only a medium through which it could achieve it.
"It is just an illusion to say that CBI is a premier
investigating agency. It was initally conceived as an
anti-corruption agency but I regret to say that there is
conclusive evidence to prove that the agency is subordinate to
the political party in power.
"There is evidence to prove that there is a conspiracy
between CBI and the central government to target a
democratically-elected government that is a thorn to it. The
idea is to first target Amit Shah and then fix Chief Minister
Narendra Modi and his government," Jethmalani told the apex
The senior counsel, appearing for Shah, made the
allegations during the arguments on a petition seeking
transfer of investigations relating to the alleged fake
encounter killing of Tulsiram Prajapati by the Gujarat police
to CBI and shift the trial outside Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das