‘Centre wants discipline from Anna but not police’
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Sunday said that he would perform the task of
`cleaning-up` all sectors of public life in his state
effectively, so that Anna Hazare does not have to go on fast.
Continuing his attack on the Union Government, Modi also
accused it of adopting "double standards" vis a vis Hazare and
"I have been given the responsibility of cleaning up all
the sectors, which I will perform effectively," Modi said
while addressing the students of Dharmasinh Desai University
(DDU) in Nadiad.
"If this succeeds, people like Anna Hazare will not have
to go on a fast."
On twitter, Modi took a further dig at the Centre. "Look
at the double standards of Delhi`s Congress government, open
your eyes to the larger conspiracy!" he said today.
"PM tells Anna (Hazare) to go to police for any
complaint... Disciplined behaviour is expected from Anna while
to the officers of Gujarat police who are indulging in
indiscipline, the message of the Congi government is `do not
worry we will protect you`," Modi said.
Action initiated by the Modi government against IPS
officers Sanjeev Bhatt and Rahul Sharma has kicked off a row,
with Union Home Minister P Chidambaram saying that the Centre
Modi had yesterday shot off a letter to the Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, taking exception to the Union Home
Gujarat government has suspended Bhatt and issued
chargesheet to Rahul Sharma. Both of them had spoken out
against the state government on the handling of 2002 Gujarat
Bhatt, who accused Modi government of complicity in the
riots, was suspended on August 8 for "indiscipline". A
chargesheet was issued to Sharma yesterday for alleged
misconduct in not submitting the original CDs containing
mobile call records, related to the riots, to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!