CEPT student hangs herself in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A 22-year-old student of the Centre for Environment Planning and Technology (CEPT) allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her residence in Navrangpura area of the city on Saturday, police said.
The deceased, identified as Srusthi Srivastava, was a third-year student of architecture and was staying at Tirupati Apartments along with her brother, they said.
"She was staying with her brother here. She took the extreme step while her brother is gone to Vadodara where her family is based. As of now what prompted her to kill herself is not known," a police official said.
Police have denied recovering any suicide note from her home.
"We are questioning her classmates and friends who are not forthcoming in investigation," police said, adding that details will emerge during investigations.
Gujarat University police have registered a case under section 174 of the CrPc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list