CEPT student hangs herself in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A 22-year-old student of the Centre for Environment Planning and Technology (CEPT) allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her residence in Navrangpura area of the city on Saturday, police said.
The deceased, identified as Srusthi Srivastava, was a third-year student of architecture and was staying at Tirupati Apartments along with her brother, they said.
"She was staying with her brother here. She took the extreme step while her brother is gone to Vadodara where her family is based. As of now what prompted her to kill herself is not known," a police official said.
Police have denied recovering any suicide note from her home.
"We are questioning her classmates and friends who are not forthcoming in investigation," police said, adding that details will emerge during investigations.
Gujarat University police have registered a case under section 174 of the CrPc.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'