CEPT student hangs herself in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A 22-year-old student of the Centre for Environment Planning and Technology (CEPT) allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her residence in Navrangpura area of the city on Saturday, police said.
The deceased, identified as Srusthi Srivastava, was a third-year student of architecture and was staying at Tirupati Apartments along with her brother, they said.
"She was staying with her brother here. She took the extreme step while her brother is gone to Vadodara where her family is based. As of now what prompted her to kill herself is not known," a police official said.
Police have denied recovering any suicide note from her home.
"We are questioning her classmates and friends who are not forthcoming in investigation," police said, adding that details will emerge during investigations.
Gujarat University police have registered a case under section 174 of the CrPc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali