Chargesheeted by Guj Govt, Sharma approaches CAT
Ahmedabad: IPS officer Rahul Sharma has
approached Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) against the
Gujarat government slapping him with a charge sheet for
allegedly not submitting a documentary evidence related to the
2002 riots in the state.
The Gujarat government had chargesheeted Sharma on August
13 for alleged misconduct in not submitting the original CDs
containing mobile phone call records related to the 2002
communal riots to the respective investigating officers of
Naroda Gam, Naroda Patia and Gulburg society cases or even to
his supervisory officers.
"I have approached CAT against the charge sheet issued to
me by the state government," Sharma told PTI, adding that the
hearing of the case will be held on September 15.
In the charge sheet, Sharma has been accused of gross
misconduct under Sec 3(1) of All India Service Rules 1969.
Sharma had acquired the call records from two mobile phone
service providers AT &T and Cell Force, which were operating
in Gujarat in 2002.
It is learnt that Sharma in his petition before CAT has
challenged the charge sheet saying that he had sent the CDs
through a police messenger of the crime branch to the then
chief of crime branch P P Pandey.
He has also said in his petition that the charge sheet is
not tenable as he had just tried to help the Nanavati
Commission, appointed by the state government to probe the
Sharma was serving as Deputy Commissioner of Police
(Control), Ahmedabad from March 24, 2002 to July 3, 2002 and
assisted the city crime branch in the investigation of the
He had prepared a CD of mobile phone call records of
ministers, politicians, police officers and bureaucrats
between February 29, 2002 and March 2, 2002 by obtaining
mobile call records from Mobile service provider companies.
The state government in the charge sheet has accused him
of taking away the CDs which should have been part of the
Sharma had later submitted the CDs before the Nanavati
Commission and the U C Banerjee Commission set up by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly