Childless couple abducts baby boy, arrested in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: A couple was arrested here late last night for abducting a seven-month-old boy from Surat.
The couple was arrested from Subhash Bridge circle while they were on their way to Asarwa area in the city from Becharaji in Mehsana and the child was rescued, police said.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) A K Sharma said, "The accused were childless for the last eleven years and so they kidnapped the seven-month-old son of a couple in Amroli locality of Surat."
The duo, identified as Dinesh and Hansa, were labourers and didn`t have a permanent address but moved from city to city, Sharma said.
Dinesh also performed cycle stunts at fairs across the state.
The parents of the child told police that Dinesh and Hansa had befriended them, and would take the child out on walk occasionally.
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court
- EPL: Anthony Martial strikes as Manchester United make Leicester City wait for title
- PM Modi visits Varanasi, launches 'e-boats' at Assi Ghat: In Pics
- Minor who shot himself while taking 'selfie' dies