Childless couple abducts baby boy, arrested in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: A couple was arrested here late last night for abducting a seven-month-old boy from Surat.
The couple was arrested from Subhash Bridge circle while they were on their way to Asarwa area in the city from Becharaji in Mehsana and the child was rescued, police said.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) A K Sharma said, "The accused were childless for the last eleven years and so they kidnapped the seven-month-old son of a couple in Amroli locality of Surat."
The duo, identified as Dinesh and Hansa, were labourers and didn`t have a permanent address but moved from city to city, Sharma said.
Dinesh also performed cycle stunts at fairs across the state.
The parents of the child told police that Dinesh and Hansa had befriended them, and would take the child out on walk occasionally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'