Children forced to walk on fire, glass pieces
Surat: In a bizare incident, primary
section students of a private school in Surat were compelled
to parade barefoot on fire bed of ignited coal and glass
pieces, as a self confidence building measure.
"Primary school students aged between 10 to 14 years
of Riverdale Academy in Surat were paraded barefoot on fire
bed of coal and glass pieces, to help them gain confidence,"
an employee of Riverdale school confirmed.
"At the time of incident parents of these children
were present on the occasion, and had not objected to this
act," he said.
"During the event which lasted for close to one-and-a-
half-hour the children of primary section of the school kept
crying profusely and also sustained injuries, but their
parents kept watching the entire episode," an eye witness
"It was a merciless act on part of the school
authorities but none have raised their voice against the
incident, as it was told to be a self confidence building
initiative for the students," he said.
Director of Riverdale Academy identified as one
Mukesh Patel did not respond to calls made on his mobile.
The school offers education from class 1 to 12, and
this `cruel` experiment was conducted on primary section
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement