Children forced to walk on fire, glass pieces
Surat: In a bizare incident, primary
section students of a private school in Surat were compelled
to parade barefoot on fire bed of ignited coal and glass
pieces, as a self confidence building measure.
"Primary school students aged between 10 to 14 years
of Riverdale Academy in Surat were paraded barefoot on fire
bed of coal and glass pieces, to help them gain confidence,"
an employee of Riverdale school confirmed.
"At the time of incident parents of these children
were present on the occasion, and had not objected to this
act," he said.
"During the event which lasted for close to one-and-a-
half-hour the children of primary section of the school kept
crying profusely and also sustained injuries, but their
parents kept watching the entire episode," an eye witness
"It was a merciless act on part of the school
authorities but none have raised their voice against the
incident, as it was told to be a self confidence building
initiative for the students," he said.
Director of Riverdale Academy identified as one
Mukesh Patel did not respond to calls made on his mobile.
The school offers education from class 1 to 12, and
this `cruel` experiment was conducted on primary section
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!