Children forced to walk on fire, glass pieces
Surat: In a bizare incident, primary
section students of a private school in Surat were compelled
to parade barefoot on fire bed of ignited coal and glass
pieces, as a self confidence building measure.
"Primary school students aged between 10 to 14 years
of Riverdale Academy in Surat were paraded barefoot on fire
bed of coal and glass pieces, to help them gain confidence,"
an employee of Riverdale school confirmed.
"At the time of incident parents of these children
were present on the occasion, and had not objected to this
act," he said.
"During the event which lasted for close to one-and-a-
half-hour the children of primary section of the school kept
crying profusely and also sustained injuries, but their
parents kept watching the entire episode," an eye witness
"It was a merciless act on part of the school
authorities but none have raised their voice against the
incident, as it was told to be a self confidence building
initiative for the students," he said.
Director of Riverdale Academy identified as one
Mukesh Patel did not respond to calls made on his mobile.
The school offers education from class 1 to 12, and
this `cruel` experiment was conducted on primary section
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured