Children`s deaths: Asaram`s son alleges conspiracy to defame
Ahmedabad: Narayan Sai, the son of religious guru Asaram Bapu on Sunday deposed before the commission which is probing the mysterious deaths of two children studying at Asaram`s Gurukul at Motera here in 2008 and claimed it was a part of a conspiracy to defame his father.
"I believe that...Who was a teacher at Gurukul at that time, is the suspect and he had done that as a part of a larger conspiracy to defame my father, our ashrams and Hindu religion," Sai told the Justice (retd) DK Trivedi Commission in his deposition which went on for over seven hours.
Sai also said he did not perform "witchcraft or black magic". "I know there is such a thing as witchcraft, but I don`t know what it is, and I have never learnt it...As I firmly disapprove it in my preachings and books too," he said.
The inquiry pertains to deaths of cousins Dipesh and Abhishek Vaghela in July 2008. Their parents have alleged that their children died because of `witchcraft and black magic` performed by Asaram and Narayan Sai.
After his own Ashrams came up at Pedhmal and Virar, and after he started going overseas, he got little time to visit Motera Ashram, Sai said.
"For the past so many years I stay maximum of 4-5 days at Motera Ashram, that too once in one-and-half to two months," he said.
Sai denied any knowledge about the incident of children going missing on July 3, 2008, and discovery of decomposed bodies, with some organs missing, two days later.
"On July 2, 2008 I had landed at Mumbai airport from Mauritius and from there I went to Ahmedabad very late on July 3. I just stopped at the gate of Motera Ashram and straightway drove to Pedhmala Ashram," he claimed.
The Commission asked several questions to Sai to see if
the evidence submitted by some of the former followers of Asaram was corroborated or contradicted by him.
Sai was asked if he knew that he had taken along Mahendra Chawla when he visited Chhinna Masta Temple in Ranchi. Sai said he didn`t remember exactly; Chawla might have accompanied him.
In his deposition in October 2010, Chawla had alleged that he saw Sai doing some "tantrik" ritual during the visit.
The Commission also asked about details of his personal life. When Sai said he was a Class IX drop-out, the commission pointed out that he had told the Gujarat CID (which is investigating the criminal case related to deaths) that he had passed the matriculation exam.
Sai also maintained that after he started travelling and visiting Ashrams on his own, he and his father very rarely had long interactions.
The commission has summoned Asaram Bapu to depose on December 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow