Coal scam is blackening country`s face: Modi
Gandhinagar: Attacking the Centre on the coal allocation controversy, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said the scam was "blackening the country`s face".
"On the lines of Gujarat, Centre had decided to distribute soil health cards to farmers. I don`t know when they are going to do this. They are stuck in coal (scam)," Modi said, addressing a national convention on agri-business here.
"The scam is blackening the country`s face, as Delhi has got mired in coal."
The Chief Minister also claimed that Gujarat was the only state where industrial and agricultural development were taking place simultaneously. "National average of agriculture growth is 2-3 per cent, but Gujarat has grown at 10 per cent in the last decade," Modi said.
In the last ten years, seven lakh hectares of land was brought under micro-irrigation in the state, whereas only a thousand hectares had been brought under micro-irrigation in the previous 40 years, he said.
Farmers from several states attended the convention. Modi announced that Gujarat would organize `international agri fair` every three years, on the lines of `Agritech` in Israel, where latest technology and global trends would be showcased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok