Coast Guard nets 21 Pakistani anglers off Gujarat
off Jakhau coast in Gujarat for illegally intruding into Indian waters and seized three fishing trawlers, an official said on Saturday.
"Indian Coast Guard interceptor boat `Meera Vahan`, on the
forward area patrolling, apprehended three Pakistani fishing boats -- Al Haram, Al-Ali and Al-Ghous -- along with 21 crew members, off Jakhau coast in Kutch last night while they were fishing in Indian waters", a Coast Guard official said.
He said the Pakistani anglers and the seized trawlers were brought to Okha today and handed over to Marine Police, where they are being quizzed by the state and Central intelligence agencies at the joint interrogation centre.
In separate operations last month, 37 Pakistani fishermen
had been arrested and their four boats seized by the BSF and Coast Guard near Padala creek off Kutch district and off Mitha Port, respectively, for crossing the Indian maritime boundary.
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse to arrive home from Oman today
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!
- Planning to go trekking? Head to Uttarakhand – Here’s something new
- Arvind Kejriwal to visit Uttar Pradesh today
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?