Coast Guard nets 21 Pakistani anglers off Gujarat
off Jakhau coast in Gujarat for illegally intruding into Indian waters and seized three fishing trawlers, an official said on Saturday.
"Indian Coast Guard interceptor boat `Meera Vahan`, on the
forward area patrolling, apprehended three Pakistani fishing boats -- Al Haram, Al-Ali and Al-Ghous -- along with 21 crew members, off Jakhau coast in Kutch last night while they were fishing in Indian waters", a Coast Guard official said.
He said the Pakistani anglers and the seized trawlers were brought to Okha today and handed over to Marine Police, where they are being quizzed by the state and Central intelligence agencies at the joint interrogation centre.
In separate operations last month, 37 Pakistani fishermen
had been arrested and their four boats seized by the BSF and Coast Guard near Padala creek off Kutch district and off Mitha Port, respectively, for crossing the Indian maritime boundary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed