Cold wave claims one life in Northern Gujarat
Palanpur: Bitter cold in Northern Gujarat claimed the life of an unidentified 55-year-old man, whose body was found on a footpath near Kirtistambh in Palanpur on Friday, the police said.
Police received a call that an unclaimed body was lying near Kirtistambh since morning, with stray dogs doing rounds of the body.
"It is the first death after winter set in. We were informed about it at about 2 pm," Police Sub-Inspector VL Vadukar said.
North Gujarat has been under the grip of a cold wave since last night, with the mercury has dropping by four degree celsius from 13 degree celsius to 9.5 degree celsius in Deesa.
Banaskantha, Mehsana, Patan, Sabarkantha and Aravalli have also been facing winter.
Worst affected are homeless people seeking shelter at railway platforms, bus stands or footpaths, while school going children are seen shivering in the chilly wind.
The nearby hill station at Mount Abu recorded 2.6 degree Celsius on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH