Come and see inclusive growth at Sabarmati Riverfront: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi on Monday said those who talk about `inclusive growth` should see the Sabarmati Riverfront development project here.
"Those who are singing the tune of inclusive growth, inclusive growth, I ask them to visit Sabarmati Riverfront and study the inclusive growth at the riverfront and understand it," Modi said, inaugurating the newly-built Gujari bazaar market on the banks of the Sabarmati river.
"A day does not pass when India`s economists don`t utter the word inclusive growth. If they want to know how does inclusive growth take place, they should come here."
Gujari Bazaar is a 597-year-old trader-organised market, governed by member-elected Ahmedabad Gujari Association (AGA), comprising traders from all communities. It was originally located in the southern corner of Ellisbridge.
The new Gujari bazaar is located in the eastern corner of Ellisbridge, on the banks of the Sabarmati river.
"Gujari bazaar used to be open only on Sundays. Now, it will function on all days. We have shown how development can take place by taking care of environment and the poorer sections of the society," he said.
"There were many who asked what will happen to the slum-dwellers. Today is an example of how their lives have changed. They have become partners in state government`s development programmes."
He added no attention should be paid to those who slander Gujarat.
Modi also inaugurated a CCTV surveillance system for the city and opened a flyover near Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) for public.
Draws were also conducted for Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation`s housing project for Economically Weaker Section and Lower Income Group.
Modi said 22 lakh houses would be built in urban areas and 28 lakh in rural areas in a time-bound manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick