Come and see inclusive growth at Sabarmati Riverfront: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi on Monday said those who talk about `inclusive growth` should see the Sabarmati Riverfront development project here.
"Those who are singing the tune of inclusive growth, inclusive growth, I ask them to visit Sabarmati Riverfront and study the inclusive growth at the riverfront and understand it," Modi said, inaugurating the newly-built Gujari bazaar market on the banks of the Sabarmati river.
"A day does not pass when India`s economists don`t utter the word inclusive growth. If they want to know how does inclusive growth take place, they should come here."
Gujari Bazaar is a 597-year-old trader-organised market, governed by member-elected Ahmedabad Gujari Association (AGA), comprising traders from all communities. It was originally located in the southern corner of Ellisbridge.
The new Gujari bazaar is located in the eastern corner of Ellisbridge, on the banks of the Sabarmati river.
"Gujari bazaar used to be open only on Sundays. Now, it will function on all days. We have shown how development can take place by taking care of environment and the poorer sections of the society," he said.
"There were many who asked what will happen to the slum-dwellers. Today is an example of how their lives have changed. They have become partners in state government`s development programmes."
He added no attention should be paid to those who slander Gujarat.
Modi also inaugurated a CCTV surveillance system for the city and opened a flyover near Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) for public.
Draws were also conducted for Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation`s housing project for Economically Weaker Section and Lower Income Group.
Modi said 22 lakh houses would be built in urban areas and 28 lakh in rural areas in a time-bound manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends