Commission orders Asaram Bapu to appear on May 9
Ahmedabad: The Justice DK Trivedi Inquiry
Commission probing the deaths of two teenage boys in 2008,
on Friday ordered religious leader Asaram Bapu and his son Narayan
Sai to appear before it on May 9.
On March 25, Commission had asked lawyers of Asaram and
Narayan Sai to inform it on April 8 as to when the duo would
appear before it.
Bapu`s lawyer, BM Gupta on Friday appeared and said that
Bapu yesterday told him that when all the pending cases in
Supreme Court and High Court get over, he would think of
appearing before Commission.
"The Commission, in a strongly worded order, rejected
Bapu`s contention," the lawyer representing parents of the
deceased boys, SH Iyer said.
"The Commission has ordered Asaram Bapu and his son to
appear before it on May 9," he said.
Summons were issued to Bapu and his son under the
Commission of Inquiry Act on March 21 in connection with
deaths of two teenaged boys, Dipesh and Abhishek Waghela, who
were studying in the `Gurukul` run by Asaram Bapu`s Ashram in
in Motera area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state