Commission orders Asaram Bapu to appear on May 9
Ahmedabad: The Justice DK Trivedi Inquiry
Commission probing the deaths of two teenage boys in 2008,
on Friday ordered religious leader Asaram Bapu and his son Narayan
Sai to appear before it on May 9.
On March 25, Commission had asked lawyers of Asaram and
Narayan Sai to inform it on April 8 as to when the duo would
appear before it.
Bapu`s lawyer, BM Gupta on Friday appeared and said that
Bapu yesterday told him that when all the pending cases in
Supreme Court and High Court get over, he would think of
appearing before Commission.
"The Commission, in a strongly worded order, rejected
Bapu`s contention," the lawyer representing parents of the
deceased boys, SH Iyer said.
"The Commission has ordered Asaram Bapu and his son to
appear before it on May 9," he said.
Summons were issued to Bapu and his son under the
Commission of Inquiry Act on March 21 in connection with
deaths of two teenaged boys, Dipesh and Abhishek Waghela, who
were studying in the `Gurukul` run by Asaram Bapu`s Ashram in
in Motera area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities
- Praveen Rana named as Narsingh Yadav's replacement for Rio Olympics by WFI