Commission orders Asaram Bapu to appear on May 9
Ahmedabad: The Justice DK Trivedi Inquiry
Commission probing the deaths of two teenage boys in 2008,
on Friday ordered religious leader Asaram Bapu and his son Narayan
Sai to appear before it on May 9.
On March 25, Commission had asked lawyers of Asaram and
Narayan Sai to inform it on April 8 as to when the duo would
appear before it.
Bapu`s lawyer, BM Gupta on Friday appeared and said that
Bapu yesterday told him that when all the pending cases in
Supreme Court and High Court get over, he would think of
appearing before Commission.
"The Commission, in a strongly worded order, rejected
Bapu`s contention," the lawyer representing parents of the
deceased boys, SH Iyer said.
"The Commission has ordered Asaram Bapu and his son to
appear before it on May 9," he said.
Summons were issued to Bapu and his son under the
Commission of Inquiry Act on March 21 in connection with
deaths of two teenaged boys, Dipesh and Abhishek Waghela, who
were studying in the `Gurukul` run by Asaram Bapu`s Ashram in
in Motera area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!