Commission orders Asaram Bapu to appear on May 9
Ahmedabad: The Justice DK Trivedi Inquiry
Commission probing the deaths of two teenage boys in 2008,
on Friday ordered religious leader Asaram Bapu and his son Narayan
Sai to appear before it on May 9.
On March 25, Commission had asked lawyers of Asaram and
Narayan Sai to inform it on April 8 as to when the duo would
appear before it.
Bapu`s lawyer, BM Gupta on Friday appeared and said that
Bapu yesterday told him that when all the pending cases in
Supreme Court and High Court get over, he would think of
appearing before Commission.
"The Commission, in a strongly worded order, rejected
Bapu`s contention," the lawyer representing parents of the
deceased boys, SH Iyer said.
"The Commission has ordered Asaram Bapu and his son to
appear before it on May 9," he said.
Summons were issued to Bapu and his son under the
Commission of Inquiry Act on March 21 in connection with
deaths of two teenaged boys, Dipesh and Abhishek Waghela, who
were studying in the `Gurukul` run by Asaram Bapu`s Ashram in
in Motera area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda