Communal clash in Ahmedabad; police fire in air
Ahmedabad: A clash broke out here tonight
between members of two communities, prompting the police to
fire two rounds in the air to bring the situation under
The incident took place in the communally sensitive
Shahpur area after an altercation between two groups over some
a "petty" issue, they said.
"Two rounds were fired in the air by the State Reserve
Police (SRP) jawans when the groups came out on the roads and
started pelting stones at each other," Deputy Commissioner of
Police (DCP) S M Katara said.
"No one was injured in the stone pelting and the
situation was under control," he said.
Investigation in the matter was on, police said.
In wake of the Jagannath rathyatra on July 13, SRP
personnel have been deployed in the city`s communally
sensitive areas, including Shahpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof