Communal clash in Ahmedabad; police fire in air
Ahmedabad: A clash broke out here tonight
between members of two communities, prompting the police to
fire two rounds in the air to bring the situation under
The incident took place in the communally sensitive
Shahpur area after an altercation between two groups over some
a "petty" issue, they said.
"Two rounds were fired in the air by the State Reserve
Police (SRP) jawans when the groups came out on the roads and
started pelting stones at each other," Deputy Commissioner of
Police (DCP) S M Katara said.
"No one was injured in the stone pelting and the
situation was under control," he said.
Investigation in the matter was on, police said.
In wake of the Jagannath rathyatra on July 13, SRP
personnel have been deployed in the city`s communally
sensitive areas, including Shahpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29