Communal clash in Ahmedabad; police fire in air
Ahmedabad: A clash broke out here tonight
between members of two communities, prompting the police to
fire two rounds in the air to bring the situation under
The incident took place in the communally sensitive
Shahpur area after an altercation between two groups over some
a "petty" issue, they said.
"Two rounds were fired in the air by the State Reserve
Police (SRP) jawans when the groups came out on the roads and
started pelting stones at each other," Deputy Commissioner of
Police (DCP) S M Katara said.
"No one was injured in the stone pelting and the
situation was under control," he said.
Investigation in the matter was on, police said.
In wake of the Jagannath rathyatra on July 13, SRP
personnel have been deployed in the city`s communally
sensitive areas, including Shahpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan