Communal clash in Ahmedabad; police fire in air
Ahmedabad: A clash broke out here tonight
between members of two communities, prompting the police to
fire two rounds in the air to bring the situation under
The incident took place in the communally sensitive
Shahpur area after an altercation between two groups over some
a "petty" issue, they said.
"Two rounds were fired in the air by the State Reserve
Police (SRP) jawans when the groups came out on the roads and
started pelting stones at each other," Deputy Commissioner of
Police (DCP) S M Katara said.
"No one was injured in the stone pelting and the
situation was under control," he said.
Investigation in the matter was on, police said.
In wake of the Jagannath rathyatra on July 13, SRP
personnel have been deployed in the city`s communally
sensitive areas, including Shahpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez