Communal clash in Gujrat town
Dahod: A communal clash broke out between two communities at Devgadh Baria town of the district with both the groups pelting stones at each other causing tension in the neighbourhood, police said.
The police resorted to lathi charge and also fired a few tear gas shells to disperse the mob, they said.
According to police, it all started after some verbal exchanges over a petty matter which ended up in stone pelting between the two groups.
Several persons have been detained and a case of rioting has been registered against people from both the groups, police said, adding that further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj