Communal clash in Gujrat town
Dahod: A communal clash broke out between two communities at Devgadh Baria town of the district with both the groups pelting stones at each other causing tension in the neighbourhood, police said.
The police resorted to lathi charge and also fired a few tear gas shells to disperse the mob, they said.
According to police, it all started after some verbal exchanges over a petty matter which ended up in stone pelting between the two groups.
Several persons have been detained and a case of rioting has been registered against people from both the groups, police said, adding that further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon
- 262 new faunal species discovered in India in 2015: Official