Complaint against Gadkari, Sitharaman over Vivekanand remarks
Rajkot: A complaint was on Wednesday filed in a court against BJP president Nitin Gadkari over his controversial statement equating the intelligence quotient of Swami Vivekanand with that of fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim.
Lawyer Ashok Vaghela, who is also associated with Congress, also filed the complaint against BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman for endorsing Gadkari`s remarks in the Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court.
The hearing would take place on November 23.
"Gadkari deliberately made the comment....Hurting the sentiments of lakhs of followers of Swami Vivekanand," the complaint said, seeking a police investigation.
As to Sitharaman, the complaint said, "She was seen justifying Gadkari`s statement on news channels and is equally responsible."
Similar complaints were filed yesterday in Jamnagar and Anand courts against Gadkari and Sitharaman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!