Complaint against Gadkari, Sitharaman over Vivekanand remarks
Rajkot: A complaint was on Wednesday filed in a court against BJP president Nitin Gadkari over his controversial statement equating the intelligence quotient of Swami Vivekanand with that of fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim.
Lawyer Ashok Vaghela, who is also associated with Congress, also filed the complaint against BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman for endorsing Gadkari`s remarks in the Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court.
The hearing would take place on November 23.
"Gadkari deliberately made the comment....Hurting the sentiments of lakhs of followers of Swami Vivekanand," the complaint said, seeking a police investigation.
As to Sitharaman, the complaint said, "She was seen justifying Gadkari`s statement on news channels and is equally responsible."
Similar complaints were filed yesterday in Jamnagar and Anand courts against Gadkari and Sitharaman.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan