Complaint against Gadkari, Sitharaman over Vivekanand remarks
Rajkot: A complaint was on Wednesday filed in a court against BJP president Nitin Gadkari over his controversial statement equating the intelligence quotient of Swami Vivekanand with that of fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim.
Lawyer Ashok Vaghela, who is also associated with Congress, also filed the complaint against BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman for endorsing Gadkari`s remarks in the Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court.
The hearing would take place on November 23.
"Gadkari deliberately made the comment....Hurting the sentiments of lakhs of followers of Swami Vivekanand," the complaint said, seeking a police investigation.
As to Sitharaman, the complaint said, "She was seen justifying Gadkari`s statement on news channels and is equally responsible."
Similar complaints were filed yesterday in Jamnagar and Anand courts against Gadkari and Sitharaman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach