Complaint against Gadkari, Sitharaman over Vivekanand remarks
Rajkot: A complaint was on Wednesday filed in a court against BJP president Nitin Gadkari over his controversial statement equating the intelligence quotient of Swami Vivekanand with that of fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim.
Lawyer Ashok Vaghela, who is also associated with Congress, also filed the complaint against BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman for endorsing Gadkari`s remarks in the Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court.
The hearing would take place on November 23.
"Gadkari deliberately made the comment....Hurting the sentiments of lakhs of followers of Swami Vivekanand," the complaint said, seeking a police investigation.
As to Sitharaman, the complaint said, "She was seen justifying Gadkari`s statement on news channels and is equally responsible."
Similar complaints were filed yesterday in Jamnagar and Anand courts against Gadkari and Sitharaman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das