Complaint against Gadkari, Sitharaman over Vivekanand remarks
Rajkot: A complaint was on Wednesday filed in a court against BJP president Nitin Gadkari over his controversial statement equating the intelligence quotient of Swami Vivekanand with that of fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim.
Lawyer Ashok Vaghela, who is also associated with Congress, also filed the complaint against BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman for endorsing Gadkari`s remarks in the Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court.
The hearing would take place on November 23.
"Gadkari deliberately made the comment....Hurting the sentiments of lakhs of followers of Swami Vivekanand," the complaint said, seeking a police investigation.
As to Sitharaman, the complaint said, "She was seen justifying Gadkari`s statement on news channels and is equally responsible."
Similar complaints were filed yesterday in Jamnagar and Anand courts against Gadkari and Sitharaman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader
- French PM Manuel Valls praises economy, says growth target in reach
- Judges must not hesitate to give severest punishment to rapists: Court