Complaint filed against Keshubhai for "promoting enmity"
Rajkot: A complaint was filed in a Junagadh court on Thursday against BJP leader and former Gujarat Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel and 65 others for "provoking enmity between different groups".
Ahead of the Assembly polls, due by the year-end, Patel has been targetting Chief Minister Narendra Modi, and is leading a group of BJP dissidents.
Apart from Keshubhai, those named in the complaint include Congress`s porbandar MP Vitthal Radadia, Maha Gujarat Janta party chief Gordhan Zadafia and industrialist Naresh Patel.
Complaint has been filed by Bhadur Khuman, who belongs to Kathi community.
His lawyer Raju Thakre said that police investigation had been sought under sections 153 (A) (promoting enmity between different groups) and 436 (mischief by fire) of IPC.
The complaint states that the BJP worker and Patel community leader Bhupat Bhayani was shot at in Bhesan town of Junagadh district on June 3. There were allegations that he was shot by Kathi community members. He sustained a bullet injury to the head and is now recovering.
As per the complaint, before the attack, Keshubhai and other leaders had made provocative speeches at a rally in Kotda town.
Keshubhai had said that Patels were not safe in Gujarat and they should protect themselves.
Khuman alleges that this provoked the Patel community, and the attack on Bhayani enraged them further. An irate mob of persons from the community, in Bheshan town, subsequently set couple of shops of Kathis on fire and pelted stones at police; a policeman was also injured in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’