Complaint filed against Keshubhai for "promoting enmity"
Rajkot: A complaint was filed in a Junagadh court on Saturday against BJP leader and former Gujarat chief minister Keshubhai Patel and 65 others for "provoking enmity between different groups".
Ahead of the Assembly polls, due by the year-end, Patel has been targetting Chief Minister Narendra Modi, and is leading a group of BJP dissidents.
Apart from Keshubhai, those named in the complaint include Congress`s porbandar MP Vitthal Radadia, Maha Gujarat Janta party chief Gordhan Zadafia and industrialist Naresh Patel.
Complaint has been filed by Bhadur Khuman, who belongs to Kathi community.
His lawyer Raju Thakre said that police investigation had been sought under sections 153 (A) (promoting enmity between different groups) and 436 (mischief by fire) of IPC.
The complaint states that the BJP worker and Patel community leader Bhupat Bhayani was shot at in Bhesan town of Junagadh district on June 3. There were allegations that he was shot by Kathi community members. He sustained a bullet injury to the head and is now recovering.
As per the complaint, before the attack, Keshubhai and other leaders had made provocative speeches at a rally in Kotda town. Keshubhai had said that Patels were not safe in Gujarat and they should protect themselves.
Khuman alleges that this provoked the Patel community, and the attack on Bhayani enraged them further. An irate mob of persons from the community, in Bheshan town, subsequently set couple of shops of Kathis on fire and pelted stones at police; a policeman was also injured in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued